Pressure Washer Caught Fire, Starts the Superdome on Fire
Flames and smoke were seen billowing from the roof of the Superdome in New Orleans yesterday afternoon.
The company that manages the venue said the fire began in a gutter tub that runs along the base of the roof. The fire was reportedly caused by a pressure washer that caught fire and spread to the gutter.
Workers were washing the roof this week ahead of repainting it.
Firefighters were able to get the fire put out within about 30 minutes. One person was taken to a hospital for minor burns.